Stanislav Bychkov was born in Moscow. Before the World War II he studied in the railway school for 7 years. After that he entered metallurgical college in Klimentovskyi alley. The Temple of the Holy Martyr Clement was the view from the windows of the college and the artist always draw its domes and crosses.
In 1948 Bychkov entered the Moscow University of Printing Arts. He was studied by Zakharov, Goncharov, Goroshchenko, Fyodorov. After his graduation in 1953 he worked in “Iskusstvo” publishing house as an artist-editor. From 1954 to 1962 Bychkov was studied on the faculty training of printing workers by Ely Belyutin.
The artist never loved the exhibition process and took part only in several exhibitions during his whole life. He mainly worked for himself: made paintings and put them on shelves. He sometimes showed his works to his colleagues from the publishing house.
After “Iskusstvo” Bychkov worked in “Mir” publishing house. Once an artist from “Mir” invited Bychkov to paint the Sergei Radonezhsky church in Ivanteevka. That church was founded in 1688 and by that time there was no wall-paintings at all. During 10 years Bychkov had been painting that church on his own.
In 2003 his personal exhibition on the occasion of his 75 anniversary happened.
1966 Exhibition in a basement of a house in Yantarnyi alley, Moscow
2003 On the occasion of the 75 anniversary of the artist. Central library № 110, Moscow
1953 Moscow united committee of Grafic Artists (28, Malaya Gruzinskaya Street)
1960 Central House of Art-workers, Moscow
1982 From Manege to Manege. Central exhibition hall Manege, Moscow
2015 Museum with predictions. Moscow Museum of Modern Art
Contemporary Art Gallery ARTSTORY, Moscow
Moscow Museum of Modern Art